2017-02-21, Revision 10.1:
- Updated Double Badger section with Polychoke pro, which I had forgotten……
2017-02-18, Revision 10:
- Updated Double Badger section with 20ga model info. Still need to redo some pictures.
- Most Double Badgers are not actually drilled and tapped for a scope mount.
2015-08-27, Revision 9:
- Added captions to Savage 24 photos.
- Some of the Baikals are not threaded for chokes.
2015-08-26, Revision 8:
- Added Savage 24 photos (but no captions yet).
2015-08-25, Revision 7:
- Minor edits to text throughout.
- Formatting changes to improve word wrap with photos.
2015-08-24, Revision 6:
- Changed title photo.
- Added Double Badger Photos.
- Minor edits to Double Badger text.
2015-08-24, Revision 5:
- Changed Baikal sections to reflect new experiences with sights and rimfire models.
- Mentioned screw-in variable chokes for shotgun barrels that will accept them.
- Clarified wording here and there.
2015-07-17, Revision 4:
- Added personal experiences with roughness of Double Badger machining.
- Corrected incorrect year in dates in this section. Derp!
2015-04-17, Revision 3:
- Mentioned that the Savage 2400/330 and Valmet 312/Lion barrel sets will all interchange. (bigkelly, Savage 24 Forum).
- Added BCUSA credits from old threads (1773, swissarmy67, cloudraker)
- Mentioned firing pin and anti-doubling info at the bottom of http://forums.gunboards.com/archive/index.php/t-121875.html .
- Mentioned how the Baikal is becoming extremely hard to find since the sanctions.
- Mentioned the earlier Valmet barrels having Sako mounts.
- Added/Mirrored some documents from other sites, in case those sites should ever disappear, and placed them in an "additional materials" section at the end of the document.
2015-01-06, Revision 2:
- Savage 24F was also available in .17HMR. (vdeal, BCUSA)
- Clarified that 20ga Savage 24F was still built on 12ga frame, and that all 24Fs (not just 12ga) are excessively heavy. (vdeal, BCUSA)
- Added Routine Cleaning and Maintenance section.
2015-01-03, Revision 1:
- Initial publication to the web.